As a guest you can read up to 3 full articles before a subscription is required.
You can read a further 2 articles for free.
LCRA has also delayed a vote on selling 25 water and wastewater systems.
- Its board recommended selling the systems to Canadian utility infrastructure solutions company Corix in an Aug. 23 meeting, but postponed action due to concerns from the public.
- SouthWest Water will opt out of its management contract for several aging wastewater facilities in DeSoto, Miss. United Water will manage them starting Oct. 1 under a one-year agreement while a county-managed WWTP is built in nearby Walls, Miss.
- Indianapolis officially handed the reins of its water and sewer utilities to Citizens Water, a public trust that manages gas, water and wastewater facilities. The utility will serve 225,000 sewer customers and 305,000 water customers in the greater Indianapolis area.
- California American Water has taken new legal action in its dispute with partner agencies over the Monterey Regional Desalination Project. CalAm invoked a disputes procedure, alleging its partners have not set aside funds as required by the project’s written agreement.
- Missouri American Water acquired Roark Water & Sewer Inc., bringing on 635 wastewater customers and 675 water customers. The acquisition was one of several in the state made by American Water, which sees growth potential in the region.
- American States Water achieved a 2QFY2011 EPS increase of 77 percent, citing higher earnings from continuing operations and the June sale of Fountain Hills, Ariz.-based Chaparral City Water Co. to Canadian firm EPCOR.